Summer is almost here and although many of us are still wishing for more of a spring, there is no denying the sunshine that is surely headed our way. So while you’re laying out in your American Apparel bathingsuit, soaking up the sun on a sandy beach, or let the salty sea splash against your face on a boat, you will need to be sure to make room in your beach bag for a few great book picks.
With that being said, here are our top picks for your Summer 2017 reading list, including new authors and oldies (but goodies) who have some new releases.
Here is your ultimate summer reading list. Grab your Kindle and be sure to add these to your list:
On peak humidity days, we think you will enjoy: Fly Me by Daniel Riley.
For rainy days leaving you under a tiki hut, we recommend Stephen Florida’s Gabe Habash.
For when you need to be centered, you should try Things That Happened Before the Earthquake by Chiara Barzini.
And perfect for lazy beach afternoons, we highly recommend Borne by Jeff VanderMeer.
New Authors to Watch
Keep an eye out for these up and coming authors who are surely going to give us the ride of our lives. According to Barnes and Noble.com, they list these out these 22 amazing new authors coming this year:
- Kayla Ray Whitaker The Animators: A Novel
- Katherine Arden The Bear and the Nightingale: A Novel
- Thi Bui The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir
- Natalie C. Anderson City of Saints & Thieves
- Caite Dolan-Leach Dead Letters
- Michael Farris Smith Desperation Road
- Leah Carroll Down City: A Daughter’s Story of Love, Memory, and Murder
- Vivek Shanbhag Ghachar Ghochar
- John Freeman Gill The Gargoyle Hunters
- Emily Fridlund History of Wolves
- Melissa Fleming A Hope More Powerful Than the Sea
- Emily Ruskovich Idaho: A Novel
- Kristen Radtke Imagine Wanting Only This
- Jason Rekulak The Impossible Fortress
- Bill Hayes Insomniac City
- Julie Buntin Marlena: A Novel
- Lindsey Lee Johnson The Most Dangerous Place on Earth
- Stephanie Powell Watts No One Is Coming to Save Us
- Rebecca Schuman Schadenfreude: A Love Story
- Patty Yumi Cottrell Sorry to Disrupt the Peace
- Shannon Leone Fowler Traveling with Ghosts: A Memoir
- Tom McAllister The Young Widower’s Handbook: A Novel
Also, if you need a list that speaks more to your personality, then just jump on any book forum and ask around! We find that these are the best ways to find books you’ll really enjoy for yourself. Happy reading!